Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mental Fitness Challenge - Day 29

Day 29 scoreboard: 6 CDs and the final chapter of Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE! WOW! I feel like I could physically run to Milwaukee at this point (those of you who know me know that I would never actually do that... me run... HA!) I am so fired up by the information and the personal challenges that have been presented during the course of this last month. I can't wait to see what the next 60 days hold for us.

In his book, Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE, Orrin Woodward outlines 13 principles (resolutions) that when followed can dramatically change the course of your life. These resolutions are:

1. I resolve to discover my God-given purpose.
I know that when my potential, passions, and profits intersect, my purpose is revealed.


2. I resolve to choose character over reputation anytime they conflict.
I know that my character is who I am, and my reputation is only what others say that I am.


3.I resolve to have a positive attitude in all situations.
I know that my beliefs determine my attitudes which leads to my results.


4. I resolve to align my conscious (ant) with my subconscious (elephant) mind towards my vision.
I know that ending the civil war between them is crucial for all achievement.


5. I resolve to develop and implement a game plan in each area of my life.
I know that planning and doing are essential parts of the success process.


6. I resolve to keep score in the game of life.
I know that the scoreboard forces me to check and confront the results, making the needed adjustments in order to win.


7. I resolve to develop the art and science of friendship.
I know that everyone needs a true friend to lighten the load when life gets heavy.


8. I resolve to develop financial intelligence. 
I know that my wealth is compounded when incomes are higher than expenses over time.


9. I resolve to develop the art and science of leadership.
I know that everything rises and falls based upon the leadership culture created within my community.


10. I resolve to develop the art of conflict resolution.
I know that relationship bombs and unresolved conflict destroy a community's unity and growth.


11. I resolve to develop systems thinking.
I know that by viewing life as interconnected patterns rather than isolated events, I improve my leverage.


12. I resolve to develop Adversity Quotient.
I know that AQ leads to perseverance in overcoming obstacles and setbacks.


13. I resolve to reverse the current of decline in my field of mastery.
I know that a true legacy leaves the world a better place than I found it.


I was very impressed with the way that each of these resolutions built one upon another and led the reader to the final resolution and challenge of leaving a legacy in this world. Change yourself and you can change your family. Change your family and you can change your community. Change your community and you can change your state. Change your state and you can change your country. Change your country and ultimately you will change the world!

God Bless!
Jason Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment