Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Missed Opportunity

A missed opportunity
Has once again passed
I chose to serve my own will
And left Yours for last

I could do more for You
Your kingdom advance
If I'd follow your lead
And just give you the chance

You'd work through my life
My hands would You use
If I'd just heed Your Word
And the right path I'd choose

You came to adopt me
You called me Your son
No need to fight a battle
That's already been won

But here I sit and struggle
Ignoring Your way
And I still hear You calling
With each passing day

You want more for me
And I'm reminded each day
That You're ready to bless me
If I'd just do what You say

But a missed opportunity
Has once again passed
I chose to serve my own will
And left Yours for last

 - Jason Jasper / DEC 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment