Saturday, February 16, 2013

Father-Focused


Father-Focused
       "Why do bad things always happen to me?" "Of course it turned out bad, that's how my life goes!" " I never get what I want!" 
       I am embarrassed to think of the countless times these ridiculous statements escape my lips. So many of us, including myself, struggle with allowing a bad attitude to ruin the precious time that God allows us to have. Why? Is it because we are just victims of flesh and there is nothing we can do about it? Absolutely not! We struggle with this because we take our eyes off of the Father and place them on ourselves. I am so thankful that Christ chose to look to the Father that pivotal day in the Garden of Gethsemane. To think of where I would be had Christ chosen to give in to His flesh that day is a truly humbling thought. The Father had 20 legions of angels standing by, ready to completely wipe out unrighteousness had Christ asked Him to. As Christ was well aware of the horrendous events to take place that night, we know it wasn't His will. However, He did something that most would not do in His situation. He put His flesh in subjection. His eyes were fixed on the Father.
       The thorns in the flesh that some deal with on a daily basis may never be taken away, but we can fix our eyes on Him as well. We can live our priorities. I pray that when our last day comes we will not be saying, "I wish I had done things differently." Live a life of no regrets for the Lord.

These thoughts came to mind as I read a series of blogs from an awesome woman of God this week. Terri Brady, is a true example of a woman living her purpose and priorities. I wanted to share these blogs entitled "Out of My Mind (with a brain tumor)." I pray that they will challenge you to look at your struggles with clearer "Father-focused" eyes.

God Bless,
Erin Jasper


Part I:    http://terribradyblog.com/2013/02/12/out-of-my-mind-with-a-brain-tumor-part-i/
Part II:   http://terribradyblog.com/2013/02/13/out-of-my-mind-with-a-brain-tumor-part-ii/
Part III:  http://terribradyblog.com/2013/02/14/out-of-my-mind-with-a-brain-tumor-part-iii/

No comments:

Post a Comment