Thursday, November 23, 2017

Prayer for Thanksgiving

O Lord my God, my Savior, I pray for a heart overflowing with thanksgiving. Father, you are my constant reason for joy. You are faithful when I am unfaithful. You promise heaven when I am consumed by the next hour.
Protect me from my own selfish desires. I confess that I want what cannot satisfy. I confess that I complain about what is not done rather than be grateful for what I can do. I confess that I am easily disappointed by those I love, even though you continue to love and bless me. I confess I cling to bitterness more than I rush to praise. I confess that I am not satisfied that the nearness of you is my good.
O Lord, renew within me the joy of thanksgiving. Encourage my spirit with ... (read the full article at Shepherd Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment